Old June 17th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Is there such a thing as an ideal trike?

On Jun 17, 5:48*pm, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Hi

So far everyone has assumed that the trike would have the rear wheel
*driven by the pedals.

Not so. see "AUTOTRIKE by Andre Jute" at
http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bi...9f13c2d?hl=en#
for a comprehensive outline of drive possibilities. That is where
this whole affair starts...

But what if it was the front wheel that was
driven by the pedals, like a Cruzbike?

A bit more complicated and more/less expensive depending on need/
desire for a differential, but it does not change the other
considerations.

Does that change anything regarding the tadpole/delta discussion?

See above.

All in all, I now think of a trike as either a geriatric/invalid
cycling aid or as a fashion item for trendy cyclists. Thanks to all
who helped me think the matter through. For me, and I guess for
Bernhard, a most productive exercise.

Andre Jute
"Cycling wisdom" is an oxymoron