Old June 24th 04, 09:46 AM
m-gineering

Default dynamo light cutout

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

james wrote:
I have new shimano nexus dynahub with the switch unit that comes with
it and a B&M lumotec + with standlight
[...] The light cuts out after anything from
a few seconds to a few minutes. The standlights remain on (if they
had time to charge up). If I stop the front wheel for a few seconds
and then set off again the lights work again.

Round Lumotec? This is normal :-(

You need to spring the internal contacts a bit, and make sure you don't
adjust the light up and down by pushing on the reflector. The oval Lumotec
is somewhat better, but will still do this. The SON E6 does not do this,
but has no standlight.

The switching off is caused by the shimano switch which is brimm filled
with clever electronics you could do without. It probably detects a
loose contact and manages to turn this into a real problem, hiding the
cause in the process
--
---
Marten Gerritsen