Old June 21st 13, 04:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Multiple use resource management

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:13:19 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Vandeman,

You heard of multiple use resource management? Despite of what you might think it is possible to accommodate different resource uses such as walking, mountain biking, forestry and horse back riding in the same area with minimal conflicts. Ironically the redwoods park the management if which you have ignorantly criticized in New Zealand is a good example. I find it interesting how you criticize mountain biking in the park when you present no real insight or critique into the management plan into the area and whether its working. All you have fine is to rant about mountain biking without any understanding that the park provides plenty of walking trails which mountain bikers don't go on or present any evidence the park is being unsustainably managed. This is not the intellect I would expect from someone who proclaims to be educated. I could go about your total ignorance of New Zealand's environmental issues but I have already done that very well. Sadly your extremist and ignorant viewpoints simply serve to undermine the environmental movement - much like Fox News has undermined journalism.

The land manager ADMITTED that mountain biking was too destructive. That's what started this discussion. You conveniently forgot that, of course. Thanks for demonstrating just how DISHONEST all mountain bikers are. Lie on.