Old August 21st 16, 06:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default green paint failure

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 07:56:15 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 8/20/2016 7:43 AM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 8:37:27 AM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 2:00:57 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 08:37:53 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:02:56 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 08:24:45 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...817-story.html

Chicago didn't use the right shade of green paint probably.

I think I see the problem. Chicago marks their bike lanes with a
solid line of green paint. In the Peoples Republic of Santa Cruz CA,
we use striped paint, which is cheaper. It also doesn't look like a
miniature golf green, which might confuse Chicago drivers.
http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/Home/Components/News/News/1783/835

Surely there must be Federal Regulations that prevent the use of
improper colors to denote safety zones. After all the health and
welfare people have rules and regulation for everything else. Have
they overlooked the bicycle world :-(

Yep:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Standard_595
There are 650 colors available. Some charts include the Federal
agency that has staked its claim on one specific color number. Where
State and local specifications call for a specific color, it will be
the number from FED-STD-595C.

Incidentally, a friend is in the business of selling FED-STD-595C
color chips and documents to builders and contractors that need to
match their paint to 595C colors.
http://www.estore.fed-std-595.com/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

my cheap 1620's color chip is not up to this

https://goo.gl/KwAuvn

what is the runner for color Lieb ? max gamers so tosee the blood run out of Ronan's XXXXXXX ?

https://goo.gl/ifn2jw

is there a screen saver with all colors ?

An excellent subject,"what is a color?"

Yesterday I heard someone on the radio state
matter-of-factly "a rainbow has seven colors". Uh, not so
much. It's a spectrum, even extending out on both ends
beyond human perception.

Regarding 'official color charts', who decides what is a
color match to an official color chip? If I add a
homeopathic level of black into a fifty gallon drum of
white, is it white or off-white? At what level is it not a
match?

(I do color matches regularly and even when customers are
completely happy I can often see variance of hue or in the
case of metallics, of depth or grain.)

I've always wondered how this "color matching" was done. I got a
fender straightened on my Isuzu pickup - say 15 years old, never been
garaged, the shop took off the R.H. side mirror and it had what
appeared to be original paint inside where the mirror fitted up
against the door. Handed to mirror to a guy on a motorcycle and he
roared off. Two days later I pick the truck up and Damn! You can't see
where the fender was repaired.

(I've always suspected help from Spirits)
--
cheers,

John B.