Old December 21st 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.rides
jim beam

Default Minnesota Winters

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:10:48 -0600, Tim McNamara wrote:

In article ,
"Clive George" wrote:

"jim beam" wrote in message

actually pretty easy to do this - simply loosen the lug nuts a
couple of turns, then go drive around the block. a couple of
hard braking episodes will break free the stubbornest of rusted
wheels.

God Danged Jim. Thats the only intelligent thing you've ever
posted on this forum.

I did that, and it worked with the front wheel but not the rear
wheel. I had to take additional measures for the rear wheel,
including putting some Liquid Wrench between the rim and hub and
engaging in the telephone book rhumba -- you loosen the lug nuts and
then drive the stuck wheel over a phone book, back and forth. Then
you kick the wheel in strategic locations. That finally worked. Or
maybe it was the swearing that did it.

My 4lb club hammer was bought specifically to remove a wheel from my
car. I'd tried the 1lb one, no joy, no matter how hard I went at it.
4lb one, smack, wheel off.

smack. brinelled bearings. specifically unjoyous deployment of a
4lb hammer when the car's own function can serve the purpose, and not
damage anything.

And what sort of loads + impacts do the bearings get in normal use?
What impacts do they get when you're driving around with loose nuts?
You're raising bogus worries.

Not our jim!

timmy, why don't you tell us how you managed to calculate how 1800
5000? the mathematical world is on the edge of its seat.

or not. because you're a retard.