Old February 10th 18, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

On 2018-02-09 17:24, sms wrote:
On 2/9/2018 4:10 PM, Joerg wrote:

Those numbers aren't bad indeed. However, they'd be totally inadequate
for many of my bike rides with 4-5h of riding time.

Yes, if you needed full power for the entire ride, which is unlikely on
a road ride.

On roads and also in towns where people tend to not pay enough attention
to cyclists I ride with full lumens, day or night. On side roads I
ratchet it down to lower power and on bike paths I usually turn it off
during daylight.

I found that on county roads where I must ride in the lane oncoming
traffic sees me earlier when my light is on full bore. Many drivers then
pull closer to their right so the drivers passing me can pull farther
towards or even over the center line.

I have installer diffusor lenses so people won't be blinded. I would not
ride one mile in traffic without those.

Also, the lights I have are discontinued. The new models are better
because they combine an all-in-one sealed waterproof design with an
optional external power-pack. I greatly prefer an all-in-one design to a
design with a separate power pack, but YMMV.
http://www.lezyne.com/product-led-perf-deca1500i.php.

150 bucks? Yikes!

Aluminum is good though, mine are aluminum as well but cost under $20/each.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/