Old March 23rd 18, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Self driving accident

On 3/23/2018 2:02 PM, Duane wrote:
On 23/03/2018 11:24 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/23/2018 7:14 AM, Andy wrote:
But will the jury believe that. ?

A jury of its peers being six each of Alexa and Siri?

Brings up a good question though. With a self driving car,
will the passengers be liable in cases like this? Maybe
just the passenger that was in the "driver's" seat?

We have enough problems with distracted drivers. I am not
looking forward to having to worry about whether the driver
has been hacked by the russians or is rebooting for
maintenance...

I know enough to know that I don't know.

It can be complex, blending civil and criminal liability
among drivers, vehicle owners, employers/employees, agents
and so on.:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...you-29731.html

--
Andrew Muzi