Old April 21st 09, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

"Judith Smith" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:00:04 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"Jules" wrote in message

As a matter of interest: Do you wear a seat-belt in your car? Would you
wear one if it wasn't a legal requirement? Did you wear one before it
was
a legal requirement (assuming you are old enough)?

I do wear my seat belt in my car and did not wear it before it became law.
Incidentally, my dad crashed his car in 1974 into a telegraph pole which
wiped out the driver's side. He was thrown into the passenger seat and
lived, had he worn a seat belt he would have been killed.

Yes - I have met loads of people down the pub who had exactly the same
thing happen to one of their relatives.

Goodness, it was more common than I thought then!

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/