Old May 28th 17, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Bicycle riddle

On Sun, 28 May 2017 14:07:40 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Actually, 53 bicycles in the room (as stated in the original riddle)
would mean something like 26.5 cards. Each "Bicycle" brand playing card
shows two bicycles, not just one.

Yep, although the alleged bicycle appears rather painful to ride
without a saddle and is missing the pedals:
https://cdn3.volusion.com/artgw.hyvvw/v/vspfiles/photos/CB00741-3.jpg

At least, that's what I assume, based on the name. On the cards,
they're illustrated as a head on view, ridden by angels. If not for the
name, one might suppose the angels are riding unicycles.

I would guess(tm) that a unicycle could be considered half of a
bicycle, thus returning the total count to 53.

At one time, Bicycle playing cards had recognizeable bicycles on the
back:
http://www.bicyclecards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/18921.jpg

--
Jeff Liebermann