Old August 8th 18, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Default Stolen Bike

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

On Sat, 04 Aug 2018 11:24:10 +0100, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2018 10:22, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I pay road tax

No you don't.

Correct.
Vehicle tax doesn't actually pay for our roads. Not directly,
anyway.
Our vehicle tax goes into the same pot as all our other tax, and
then
that money is distributed all over the place.

It's actually our council tax that pays for our roads and our local
infrastructure.

What the government does with it is irrelevant. If I drive a car, I
pay a
LOT of tax in fuel duty and road tax/tax disk.whatever OCD people want
call it. If I were to sell my car and only cycle, I'd pay neither.

Ah, another retard who invokes the 'Medway Handyman Paradigm'. The money
goes into the pot, and some of it will probably find its way to the
roads,
so by this ****ing spastic's 'reasoning', he 'pays for the roads'.

I wonder if people who smoke cigarettes get to jump the waiting list at
the
local NHS hospital....

As I just said, it doesn't matter where the money goes, car drivers pay a
lot more tax than cyclists.

And smokers 'pay a lot more tax' than non-smokers.

It still gives you sweet **** all where 'rights' are concerned.

Will there be anything else?

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'