Old August 8th 18, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Stolen Bike

On 08/08/18 19:16, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:24:28 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On a bicycle, the voice can be useful because the approach behind
pedestrians or horse riders is otherwise silent. When there is
insufficient clearance to get past without having their awareness I
always slow to match their speed before announcing my presence.

Horses panic at anything, silent or not.

I have only had a horse panic when it was a face on approach. When
approaching from behind the rider needs to know.