Old May 24th 15, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Freezing Bottles

If you frequently freeze water in a plastic container that wasn't
designed for it, the expansion of the ice will sooner or later crack
the container at the mold mark. You can get around this by filling a
bottle a little at a time, tipping the bottle to maximize the surface
area of the water when you put it into the freezer. Tipping also
keeps the ice from getting a square push.

Freezing bottles became much easier after I found a valve-cap that
fits the bottles that "spring water" comes in. Disposable bottles
also allow me to build up a stock of frozen beverage without buying a
lot of California Springs bottles.

If a bottle which had been entirely frozen now has a few drops of
water in it, pour them out on the ground. They will contain every
molecule of salt that was in the water.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGESEW/