Old June 19th 19, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Hot rodding e-bikes

On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 11:08:07 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/18/2019 1:33 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 12:53:07 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/18/2019 12:33 PM, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 10:21:25 AM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

Motor pacing on a bike is illegal on the road since it is "following
too closely."

Not in massachusetts. The 'following too closely' statute applies exclusively to motorized vehicles here. I've been lectured by more than a few cops from various towns here over the (many) years, but that's it. One said "I'd ticket you if I could".

I knew one local rider who got a "following too closely" ticket. The
judge and his staff laughed about it, and the judge threw it out.

--
- Frank Krygowski

How much did it cost the rider to go to court to have that ticket thrown out?

Zero. I went with her to help explain the crash. Sadly, she didn't even
buy me lunch. (No good deed goes unpunished.)

--
- Frank Krygowski

Crash? What crash? You said the judge threw out the "following too closely" ticket your bicycling friend got. Are you saying that the ticket was thrown out without the bicyclist needing to appear in court? If the bicyclist had to appear in court to get that ticket thrown out then how much in lost wages was the bicyclist out? How much was the ticket for?

Cheers