Old November 24th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Seoul Cycle Design Competition Winner

On Nov 25, 7:16*am, Chalo wrote:
And
David Gordon Wilson's _Bicycling Science_ has analysis that shows the
maximum efficiency of a generator-motor pair to be somewhat less than
the minimum efficiency of a poorly-maintained conventional bicycle.

I wonder whether the designer could have actually implemented
something that was more efficient using a small hydraulic pump and
motor?

Not that I know much about hydraulics, but I would have thought the
efficiency of such a system could be much better than an electric
generator and motor, though still way worse than a chain drive.

JS.