Old November 29th 10, 10:15 PM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
me[_7_]

Default Los Altos Hills bicyclist killed in big-rig crash was a mother,nurse and a 'go-getter'

My letter to the editor was printed in today's Daily Post. They over-
edited it, but I'll take it as a compliment. Here is the original I
sent to them:

"Subject: Bicyclists Hit

"I favor standard yellow caution signs with a sketch of a bicycle. I
am surprised that Stanford doesn't have any and there aren't any
strategically placed along the common bike routes in the foothills.
We should thank the Daily Post for exposing the high salaries which
present a contradiction to this type of obvious approach to a
recurring problem. I wish people would give me a lot of money for
this letter to the editor."

(signature)

The newspaper did a good job printing the caution sign in color.

Daniel Myers
Palo Alto, CA

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...rs+at+Stanford

OP: