Old December 7th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default OT - Medical Costs

On 12/7/2010 12:15 AM, Clive George wrote:
On 07/12/2010 05:04, Tim McNamara wrote:

I think you are drawing unwarranted conclusions about the benefits of
EMRs and overlooking the problems. This may be the result of
perspective- you're a computer programmer and not a health care provider.

I'm a computer programmer too, and I don't share Peter's belief in the
magic power of computers :-)

While I do program (and I'm very good), I consider myself more of a
systems architect. I've not designed a medical system (or components
thereof), but I have designed systems that managed similar problems, and
addressed the same issues that Tim raises. I would consider (in this
context) almost any system that didn't significantly raise productivity
a total failure. That there have been such failures doesn't disprove the
concept. On the other hand, a single success does prove it. Don't tell
me it can't be done, I've done it.