Old December 15th 10, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On Dec 14, 8:50*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Dec 14, 4:34*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Dec 13, 11:20*pm, RobertH wrote:

On Dec 13, 7:55 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Robert, IIRC you never did answer the question I asked.

No you do not RC. I did answer it, multiple times, with specifics.
Here's a helpful link:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...20c84269d8cbc1

It's at this point where I start to wonder, has Frank really missed my
multiple answers to his question, or is he just playing a pathetic
game to avoid the issues I raised in those posts? IIRC this has been a
pattern with Frank.

AGAIN: I would ride further left than you. Primary position doesn't do
it for me. If the space is available, use it.

Then, if a truck wanted to pass, I would probably drift right to
enable an easier pass, *he would pass in the typical fashion on narrow
streets/roads of going way over the center line, and everybody would
go along their way without incident. If there is any oncoming traffic,
anybody behind me will just have to travel my speed for a bit, no
matter where I ride in a 10-foot lane. Some people have trouble
visualizing how narrow that really is.

Ah. *So your disagreement with me is that when I ride in the middle of
the lane, I'm _still_ too far to the right! *But you agree with me
that when the lane is too narrow *for safe passing, you'd be far
enough out to prevent unsafe in-lane passing and cause those behind
you to just travel at your speed.

That's good. *Thanks.

I wonder if you'll now be attacked by others calling you things like
"hall monitor."

- Frank "OAFAAF" Krygowski

"Hall Monitor Syndrome" *- I guess we will see, but I see RH
describing quite different scenario from you, Frank. This is part of
why I see you having severe tunnel vision.
Your one and only focus is your position in the lane, *down to the
foot. And you have foolishly demanded of others that they give a
"footage" measurement to describe how they ride.
I addressed that previously by noting "... nobody here is so stupid as
to think that the 'footage' measurement has much relevance to safe and/
or legal riding."

In contrast RH describes the surrounding circumstances. *Yes, he uses
a lane but his understanding is far more comprehensive and he does not
remotely suggest that he is trying to (or could) control traffic nor
that his position in the lane has any bearing on whether a following
vehicle can pass safely some.

RH himself or others can comment.

Done
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...17916910?hl=en

And, Frank, your rhetorical
questions are childish. If you want to tell us something, tell us.

DR