Old December 15th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On 12/13/2010 4:55 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Dec 13, 2:36 pm, wrote:
On Dec 13, 10:59 am, Frank wrote:

If there is oncoming traffic, and the trucker decides there's enough
room to squeeze by in your lane because you're at far right, you're in
a dangerous situation. You'll have a truck literally brushing your
left shoulder. You can't get more clearance by riding to the right;
that's likely to make you fall, and in that situation it could kill
you.

When Frank writes a paragraph like this, I paraphrase it as "Danger!"
Danger!"

It can mean nothing else!

Actually this is about the most hysterical sounding warning that
anybody has written in the "Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009" thread or
threadlets.

Thanks for the heads up. Once it became clear that Frank was saying
"It depends," I saw no reason to read his post in detail.

It is a shame he is so fearful.
Maybe he should consider something less dangerous than cycling.

Or driving a car. Or walking. Or falling out of bed. Or...