Old January 5th 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Tips on carbon fiber WSD bikes?

On Jan 5, 12:28*am, James wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:
I have a couple of lugged steel, a couple of welded steel, and a couple
Cannondales. The Cannondales seem much more stable at high speeds. I'll
ride no hands at 60 kph.

Is that all?

Stability is more than just material based.

JS.

Quite so. My frames of racing geometry became ultra stable at very
high speeds. The more tourist frame, the one which I could fall
asleep on, riding at 16mph, although stable at speed, was not so easy
to set up coming into a corner and so felt unstable. Racing geometry
is best if you have masses of spare energy and really want to enjoy
the thrill of high speed cornering, but not very good when dusk is
setting in and you are unable to maintain 12mph.