Old December 6th 04, 06:58 AM
Kim Hawtin

Default high pressure tube fittings?

DaveB wrote:
hippy wrote:

See if you pump has a fitting for them. Most pumps have a
swapable head on them. They are very common on road
bikes and higher end mtb's.

On the subject of presta valves, mine are really ****ting me. The OCR2
has the short valves. My old roadie had the long ones and never had a
problem latching onto them.

mine are about an inch long. i borrowed a pump, but it took a good ten
minutes per tyre to get them firm... need a better pump

But the short ones leave me a couple of mm's
short of a good connection (using the floor pump) so half the time I'm
halfway through pumping and the bloody thing starts to leak air, which
leaves me furiously trying to pump fast enough to make a difference. Is
that common with the short presta valves?

sound like the trade off between light wieght and ease of use

cheers,

kim