Old March 6th 20, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default I missed this story last September

From Ink-Free News, Sep 24, 2019 @ 8:45 AM

WARSAW — Warsaw and Winona Lake police departments have recently
acquired two trek police electric bicycles. The bicycles were provided
thanks to a donation from the K21 Health Foundation and purchased
through Trailhouse Village Bicycles, according to a news release.

Warsaw and Winona Lake Police Departments are tasked with the
responsibility of patrolling several miles of bicycle trails and
parks.

The acquisition of these bicycles will allow these departments to
provide more frequent patrols and faster response times to
emergencies. Officers will be able to spend more time patrolling these
areas with greater efficiency. The goal is to provide a safe
environment for families to enjoy healthy outdoor activities together.

---------------------------

Most of the Chinworth Trail is visible from Old 30 and Zimmer Road,
but one would have to park the unit in a no-parking zone, jump out,
and pursue the miscreant on foot.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of fences along Old 30 --
chain-link industrial fences.

I rather like the Chinworth Trail on the rare occasions that I want to
go that direction -- most of it is through industrial-size lawns, so
one can see well enough to travel at street speeds. I've never seen
another bike, and very few pedestrians -- like the steps behind Aunt
Millies Outlet, this facility was built for my personal benefit.

Now that I mention it, I can use the trail to get to the bazaar where
I plan to have lunch tomorrow. I *knew* there was a back way to the
church!

Off to print out a map snippet.

--
Joy Beeson