Old October 9th 18, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Scott Scale 960 commuter/utility

When I went to the bike shop the other day and
asked for a kickstand, all guys laughed long
and loud and said no one EVER wants a kickstand
for this kind of bike. You are supposed to run
like a maniac thru the forest, they said.

Ha! They hadn't seen/heard nothing yet!

I put on the kickstand, which was a Spectra.

Then I changed the pedals to ordinary ones so
I can go with crocs, not bicycle shoes.

Then I put on the tube to hold the
shackle lock [1; photo]

Then I put on a rack, also from Spectra.

Then I put reflective tape front and rear, and
ditto fish-eye lights.

Last, I changed the angle for the hand brake
levers and shifters to follow a straight line
from my shoulders along my arms and hands.

Now it is as good a utility bike as anyone
I ever owned. Except it is very, very much
faster and -infinitely more fun to ride.

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/bike/lock.jpg

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573