Old February 22nd 19, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default MIPS helmet

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 6:43:20 PM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 7:29:00 PM UTC, Radey Shouman wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

On 2/20/2019 7:58 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
I remember way back when the subject of helmets first became
popular.
This was way back when that "pudding bowl" British helmet was in
common use. See below for pictu

https://www.bikebandit.com/blog/trac...orcycle-helmet

There were several articles in motorcycle magazines condemning the
visor on these helmets which was blamed on several motorcycle racers
having broken their necks in crashes. Now we have nearly every bike
helmet having a visor like forward projection. It makes one wonder
whether "style"enters into helmet design :-)

Isn't it obvious that style enters into helmet design? Look how
beautiful they are!

So many people wear them everywhere just because of their dashing good
looks. I've seen them jauntily worn at symphony concerts, art museums,
night clubs and more. If they'd existed in Abe Lincoln's time, I'm
sure he'd have traded in his top hat!

If it saves just one beaver ...

Heh-heh.

Andre Jute
What does top hats have to do with beavers?

Top hats used to be made from felt which in turn was made from beaver pelts which in turn largely drove the North American fur trade.

Cheers