Old September 29th 05, 06:39 AM
osc

Default What do you do when everything goes wrong?

-Osc...This is what has happened this month pretty much. Start of the
year, three abscesses after a sort of nasty kite surfing incident, kept
me off the bike for months. I also have problems with my right calf,
real high up towards the knee, gets very sore when I ride, keeps me off
the bike. -
-Oh, yeah, I forgat to tell you, I have not been allowed to run since I
was 21, I suffer from Perthes Disease, which means that I will probably
have to replace my hip before the age of 40. Every step I take, every
second of the day, I feel that ****ing hip, sometimes the pain is so
bad I limp quite bad, sometimes, very very rarely, I can NOT get out of
bed.-
- -
Sorry, this was not meant to be a sob story but at the
mo, everything is ****ed. Do not get me started about work too.

Claes, sounds as though it was the proverbial straw! It's always
therapeutic to share these things though..sometimes helps to see the
lighter side (if there is one!). I certainly wasn't intending to
minimalise the issues either.

I can relate to the calf issue, I have the same problem..intermittantly!
Lots of calf stretching tennis ball work on the calf and luck seem to
work! If you tend to ride a bit 'pointy toed' like me, try working on
keeping the heel down and/or possibly lowering seat a mm or 2 (no more).
It might help

There's still nothing like the enjoyment of being out on the bike when
everything feels good and that is what makes it all worthwhile. Hope
everything improves as much as it can!

Stewart

--
osc