Old September 2nd 03, 04:04 AM
Adelantado

Default Which pedals: nylon or metal?

Who cares, either metal or nylon are both poor. The design is what
counts and it is just bad. Why don't you look at the progress of pedal
design over the last 50 years, say clips.

David Kerber wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...

I'm sure. At the moment though I'm shie-ing away from the whole
clipless thing... being able to jump on the bike with any shoes I
happen to have on is a plus; having to put on a particular pair of
shoes just to get on the bike is a bit much for me at this point.
After my crash I can see the safety benefit of clipless (had I been
strapped in, I would have tumbled with the bike and god only knows how
beat-up I would have been) but that still doesn't sell it to me.
Can't go to church in cleated shoes, after all.

FYI, Shimano makes a double-sided pedal, with a standard platform on one
side, and SPD-compatible mechanism on the other side. You can also get
(from Nashbar, etc) a gizmo which clips into your spd pedals and gives
you a standard platform to use with regular shoes.