Old April 15th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Default 3 flat tires in a row??

c wrote:
On Apr 15, 3:50 pm, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
What they all said, plus: there are bound to be times and places where
fixing a flat is way easier than pushing the bike to a shop.

i pay because i have the $20 more easily than i have the 20-ish
minutes fixing a flat - i've fixed flats before, it's not rocket
science

the point was - ever get 3 flats in a row? what's with that? is that
normal?

think the shop is screwing up and missing something that could be
causing the flats (always the back tire) - like a spoke sticking
through the wheel or something?

doesn't it seem a little odd?

I had a rash of random flats the last rainy season before I changed out
my tires on both bikes. It was always little slivers of rock and glass,
in different locations. The only thing you don't know is what caused
the flats. I'd want to find that out for sure if I were you.
Otherwise, we are all just guessing. I learned the hard way that it is
not enough just to fix the flat by patching the tube, changing out the
tube, etc. I left a thin little metal wire in a tire once and promptly
got another flat. Hope you figure it out.