Old July 26th 18, 11:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default public policy theory discovers bicycles

On 2018-07-24 06:05, AMuzi wrote:
Section #114 he

https://transportation.house.gov/upl...y_section_.pdf

Which is roughly the level of current motor vehicle tire tax, a fixture
of Federal budgets since 1918.

That'll create lots of jobs. In Thailand and China.

Â* ... I'll hold my breath for the Skateboard Wheel Tax.

How about a shoe tax? And a CO2 tax per cubic-inch of lung volume. If
not paid some government goon will tape mouth and nose shut.

I recall that in my home state, the vehicle license fee was based on
vehicle weight, not on vehicle value as in California. Until 1977
Florida license plates even indicated the weight. If there was a D after
the county number it was light, no letter it was moderate, then there
was W for heavy, and WW for very heavy. E was for a rental car,
regardless of weight.

For bicycles, it should be a weight+rider tax.