Old April 10th 18, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Desperate needs = desperate but workable solution

On 4/10/2018 9:04 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 9:39:31 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just before leaving for an important appointment Monday I discovered my rear tire was flat. Didn't have a spare tube and needed to leave within minutes. Pulled off the clincher tire and tube and put on a spare tubular tire I had hanging around. Worked perfectly and allowed me to make the appointment on time. Weird combination = tubular tire on a clincher rim but it worked well enough to get me to and from the appointment.

Cheers

O.K., you do understand that the amazing part of this story is that you didn't have a spare tube but you had a tubular tire sitting around? I also have a few sitting around, but they're probably too rotten to hold air. Tufo makes a tubular clincher which is a tubular tire with wings that lock into hooked rims, but a tube is a cheaper option for flat repair. I have lots of those sitting around.

I think you meant the Clement 2001 tubular-clincher.

I loaned a new Clement silk to a guy with 27" steel rims and
a shredded Michelin Fifty once. Chewed up the sidewalls but
got him twenty miles into town. Thinking back on that, he
wasn't worth it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/