Old April 11th 18, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Desperate needs = desperate but workable solution

On 4/10/2018 6:16 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 10:27:41 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
I loaned a new Clement silk to a guy with 27" steel rims and
a shredded Michelin Fifty once. Chewed up the sidewalls but
got him twenty miles into town. Thinking back on that, he
wasn't worth it.

--
Andrew Muzi

Oh My!!! You high faluting, big shot, high roller bike shop owners riding your Clement Criterium Seta tubulars! Probably using your Alfredo Binda toe straps on Nuovo Record pedals.

It was in 1972 and I was twisting wrenches for a different
shop then.

which reminds me
At a good friend's funeral, his son noted, "In 1967, cycling
became a family affair. We ate grilled cheese and Dad bought
silk tubulars."

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/