Old June 29th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Patrick Lamb

Default tired of getting flats

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:22:13 -0500, catzz66
wrote:
We have had an abnormal amount of rain this spring and early summer. I
have gotten just about every kind of flat but pinch flat from all the
road junk that floats out of the gutter during rains.

Send us some of that rain! Please??

I have just invested in Gatorskin and Armadillo tires for my bikes and
am going to see which brand gives me the best results. I have one
Gatorskin on the ground already and will put the others on as I do more
stuff.

I'd been running Specialized Mondo and Mondo Pro till they got so chewed
up from the road debris. Had great experiences with them till his
spring. It has been like their "flack jacket" lining is made of toilet
paper for me.

You got me to thinking. I don't like flats, either. Beauty in the
eye of this beholder is not having to stop for flats; I care about
rolling resistance more than flat resistance probably less that 2% of
my rides.

That said, I got a new bike last year that came with Vittoria
Randonneurs (32 labeled width). They felt faster than the Panaracers
and Avocet Cross tires I'd been riding[1], and lasted 4000 miles on
the back. I got some more.

Pat

[1] Strangely enough, though, I couldn't tell a difference in average
speed or ride time on identical commuting trips.
Email address works as is.