Old February 15th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Rod Speed

Default "Humans 'very likely' making earth warmer" is wrong

no spam wrote

Fourth, there is no way the SS system will last much longer. When it reaches the point where
you have just 2 or 3 workers to support one SS recipient AND welfare AND the rest of the
other government expenses they will just say 'screw this'.

Fortunately there are also self employed paying into social
security. There are a very large number of people who do pay SS withholding taxes, but they
effectively contribute nothing because they get a tax credit for having kids.

My point still stands. The system can not be supported much longer. The drain will be just
too much.

You fools have been claiming that for decades now. It carrys on regardless.

Because the numbers don't lie.

No numbers involved in that stupid claim that it cant last much longer.

Demographics show that the number of retirees will soon be near equal to the number of tax
payers.

Pig ignorant lie.

So your plan is to cose your eyes and plug your ears and maybe the problem will go a way.

Nope, I realise that you are lying about those numbers and that it aint gunna stop any decade soon.

Right now it is limping along on life support by sucking money out of the general fund because
the dems sucked the SS fund dry many years ago.

Another pig ignorant lie.

So your plan is to cose your eyes and plug your ears and maybe the problem will go a way.

Nope, I realise that you are lying about those numbers and that it aint gunna stop any decade soon.

BTW, do you know why the retirement age was set at 65? It was because the average life spand
was, IIRC, 62.

Another pig ignorant lie.

Check the actuary tables of the time for life expectancy of the day.

Irrelevant to why that particular age was chosen. And you're just plain wrong anyway.

before they could get any money. IOW, it was set
up by FDR as a money maker for the government.

Another pig ignorant lie.

Only one insult line today?

You dont qualify for anything else.

There is already a fairly large 'under the table' and barter
economy going out there that is not taxed now. How large do you
thing its going to get when 50+% of wages are going to taxes?

It is already 50+ for many people, for very successful
self employed, the tax rate is 33 percent on the amount over
a certain amount, and the self employment SS taxes are
15.3 percent, plus local and state income tax and sales
tax on some things and real estate tax and personal
property tax.
And if they have employees, there is state and
federal unemployment tax, 7.65 percent SS contribution
on all of the employee earnings, plus workers compensation
taxes,

True but when Joe Smuck can look at his pay stub and see he's only
bring home $1 out of every $2 he's worked for I think things will change.

Have fun explaining why it didnt in europe when that happened.

It is happening.

No it isnt.

Look at France and Germany.

It isnt happening there.

The had RIOTS because the government is trying to trim back some of the goodies the government
gives out because there's not enough money to pay for them.

Pig ignorant lie. The frogs riot about all sorts of things, and it wasnt about that.

The last ones were not but read a little history.

The frogs have never ever rioted about that. The krauts in spades.

And have fun explaining Holland and scandinavia where they got no riots when that happened.

Ok, because they don't have large populations of immigrants sucking up their money.

Pig ignorant lie.

Since you are not a student of history

Just another of your pathetic little pig ignorant drug crazed fantasys.

I'll tell you that Germany took in a lot of poor Germans when the east joined the west.

No news to me. Even someone as stupid as you should be able to find plenty of
comments I made about that at the time using groups.google, if someone was
actually stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

And they STILL didnt riot about half of their income going in tax at that time.

And this with the US paying for most of their defence from the 40's.

Another pig ignorant lie.

So now you are saying that the US did not provide Germany and France from the USSR and its allies
during the cold war.

Nope, that was a comment about who PAID for that, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

I knew you didn't know much about history but I didn't know you were THAT ignorant. What'd you do
drop out of school in the 3rd grade?

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

And it wont get to that rate in the US anyway.

Why not, is there going to be a big die off of old people?

Nope, because the US has a lot more younger people, mostly
due to immigration, legal and illegal and an unemployment rate
of 5% which ensures that most of those are paying their taxes.

So we are going to double our population in the next few years?

Dont need to ensure that fund isnt going away any decade soon.

Remember those new workers will have to provide for themselves, their families, the usual
government cost (roads and the like) AND the retired people.

Been happening ever since that operation started.

Check out the federal budget today and see how much of the tax dollar is going to social programs.

Irrelevant to whether that fund is going away any decade soon.

And western europe has been spending a hell of a lot bigger
percentage of theirs on stuff like that and continue to do so fine.

For one thing if he's getting that big of a shaft

Wont happen, you watch.

I will be. There's a chance that what will happen will make the
retirement problems in the former USSR look like a mild recession.

Nope, not a chance. The US economy has always left that one for dead.

Your failure in history is showing again.

Nope.

Try a google search on the "Great Depression".

The US economy STILL left the USSR economy for dead even then.

Different cause but mostly will have the same effect.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys.

In fact its the strength of the US economy that allow it to
afford the military spending that is what sank the USSR
economy beneath the waves when it couldnt keep up.

And it will be the social spending that will sink the US "economy
beneath the waves" if we don't get it under control.

Have fun explaining how come that hasnt happened in
western europe where they spend FAR more on that stuff.

Which with politicians using tax dollars to buy votes to stay in office I don't see that
happening.

Corse it wont, and the US economy will carry on regardless anyway.

With a 5% unemployment rate, its doing fine.

think how much the people you are talking about are getting.

Neither will that.

They'll have to raise the top tax rate to 90% again.

Not a chance, you watch.

yeah and the income tax will only be applied to the top 1% money
makers and your SS number will never be used as a ID number and he
never had sexual relations with that woman and man will never fly.
. .

The US will never again have a top rate of 90%, the world's
moved on forever on those very high rates, even in europe.

Not forever just until the governments need that money.

Fantasy, the voters wont wear it again, you watch.