Old March 13th 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Thread Titles

"Duane Hebert" wrote in message
On 3/13/2011 4:55 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Dan wrote in message
On Mar 13, 11:47 am, "Edward wrote:
"T m Sherm n _ " wrote in
[...]

Or Micro$oft Windows Live Mail 15.4.3502.922 *not* recognizing the
signature separator, i.e " --". It seems Micro$oft is too arrogant to
follow established protocols.
I purposely delete the signature separator on my Windows Mail because I
want
everyone to know exactly who I am. On some postings, the signature has
tendency to disappear if it has a separator.

But what is the purpose of the signature separator anyway?

Regards,

It delimits the msg body.

But I want my signature to appear on all of my messages that are
responded
to unless the responder purposely deletes it.

It's seen as good form to remove the sig of the OP when replying. The
trace for the thread is done at the top where you see the time and author.
This way you can combine that with the marking for each poster (//
or colored lines or whatever) and know who is speaking when there are
multiple responses.

I think you are right. I will leave the signature separator and see how it
works on my Windows Mail. Let's face it, anyone who matters on these
newsgroups knows by now how Great I am and that I am from Minnesota.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka