Old April 7th 11, 06:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Mormons prepare for disaster. Are you ready?

On Apr 7, 12:32*pm, Trevor wrote:
On 4/6/2011 4:01 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher wrote:
On Apr 6, 5:07 pm, *wrote:
On 4/4/2011 12:26 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher wrote:
Never mind. I've thought there was a morality, not a very mundane
reason for it...

"They pay for their own missions.

Bikes are much less expensive than cars. Gas, insurance, tax,
maintenance, etc."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9182129AAPSXNT

Mormons do pay for their own missions, but not all missionaries ride
bikes. I spent time on foot and in a car on my mission, along with the
time spent on a bicycle. Some missionaries spend all their time on foot,
or in a car. It depends on where you go.

We actually had kids ask us if we rode bikes because we don't believe in
electricity. I guess they didn't see the electric light on my handlebars.

- Trevor

So I read before. Are you practicing now?

Yes, practicing is probably a good word for it, as I am still far from
perfect.

- Trevor

If you are riding a bike it seems like you are practicing more than
driving.