Old November 22nd 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

Default Last Child in the Woods -- Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:15:25 -0500, "S Curtiss"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:56:37 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

Mike also ignores (completely) that there is a huge difference in a
human
that passes by and one that builds a house or a freeway (where "house"
and
"freeway" are euphanisms for development that represent a permanent
presence
as opposed to a transitory presence).

When humans pass by on a Saturday excursion into the wilderness then go
home, wildlife is not impacted as Mike repeatedly purports,

The research proves otherwise: http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.

Referencing your own writings with references only to materials carefully
chosen to support your opinions

That's a LIE.

Precisely HOW is it a lie?

Aren't you referencing your own publication?

Don't your publications contain material chosen to support your opinion?

I'm not sure I know what the lie is here, except it is pretty clear to me
that the assertion that there is a lie is itself a lie.