Old March 8th 17, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default More About Lights

On 3/7/2017 7:09 PM, James wrote:
On 07/03/17 06:15, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 9:57:44 PM UTC-8, James wrote:
On 06/03/17 10:22, Barry Beams wrote:

Burn time: What if you had five or ten hours battery time at your
generator's brightness? My Oculus gives at least that much
brightness, and a quickly field replaceable battery so you can put in
a fresh battery. Other rechargeables leave you out of light and out
of luck when the battery drains. Oculus also comes with a spare
battery included.

What if I don't want to play with batteries?

Then you're done with the battery light discussion and may move on to
helmets.

Now that you mention it...

I don't like putting sun screen on the top of my head because in the
heat and humidity I sweat a lot and it tends to run down into my eyes
and stings most painfully with sun screen mixed in.

So my foam hat has big ventilation holes that let the sun light through
to my scalp.

If I was allowed to ride without a foam hat I could keep the sun off my
scalp with a cloth cap, but that's not an option in this country.

If I develop a skin cancer on the top of my head, I shall seek to sue
the government, for their law makes adequate sun protection with
sufficient ventilation near on impossible.

Now, now, now! This person in Melbourne
https://pricetags.files.wordpress.co...bike.jpg?w=560
proves that it's a simple matter to have sun protection, yet to have the
foam hat close enough to one's head for it's magic to be effective.

;-)

BTW, I've seen the same trick used in America. So I've learned that any
bike facility is a good bike facility, and a helmet anywhere near your
head will save your life.

--
- Frank Krygowski