Old March 10th 17, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default More About Lights

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:39:28 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 3/6/2017 6:27 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142066277090
$0.97 gets you a two AAA batteries packaged inside a flasher

You used to be able to get 2xAA powered flashers, but they weren't 97¢

I haven't seen any with AA batteries in many years. All the cheap
ones seems to AAA.

The trend now is toward smaller, USB rechargeable tail lights. No reason
you could not charge these via a dynamo.

Yep. That would make it a hybrid battery + dynamo system, which is
what methinks might be the best compromise. However, it won't work
for megalumen headlights because the dynamo charger will not deliver
enough power to fully recharge the large battery required to run high
power lighting.

Among the cheap tail lights a
https://www.amazon.com/Solar-Powered-Bike-Tail-Light/dp/B006FC6CJA
$2.78.

However, I couldn't find any really cheap Li-Ion rechargeable tail
lights. The best I could do is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Rechargeable-White-Red-Bicycle-Tail-Light-Waterproof-6Modes-COB-led-Tailight-/401141418710
for $8.50.

--