Old June 6th 18, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Cyclist mows down child, attacks lady witness and then cyclesaway.

On 06/06/2018 10:33, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 00:14:10 GMT, JNugent
wrote:
[]

Ah... Waterloo.

The northernmost part of the North End. More or less an extension of
Bootle.

There be dragons.

I thought "Mr" Pounder lauded the North over the scummy South?

Indeed, Lancashire has it's fair share of pavement riding cyclists as well.

A RETIRED policeman is leading calls for a curb on cyclists plaguing
pavements in and around his hometown of Innerleithen.

Mr Johnston told this week's meeting: "I have witnessed several near
misses between cyclists and pedestrians and in fact I have been the
victim of such a near miss when exiting from my gate onto Peebles Road.

"On one occasion a group of five were travelling down from the Co-op at
speed.

"The lead cyclist when confronted by me exiting my gate had to swerve
onto the road to avoid a collision only to be then in the path of an
oncoming car.

"He then had to swerve back onto the pavement to avoid being struck and
as he went around the corner into Traquair Road he did a wheelie and let
out a loud 'Whooop'!

"Incidents such as this happen most of the times and are not exceptional."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._Innerleithen/

--
Bod