Old February 14th 05, 04:02 AM
andrew_carter

" It seems quite possible that BCC will agree to it as the flat
area where the jumps and the dog area are used to be a dump. So the
conservation issues shouldn't get in the way.

Are the BCC the only ones you have to get permission from?

Over Xmas I had a look and late Jan spoke to Richard Lyons who has a

mobile
NS display. His idea was one long (100-150m) raised track.

I konw Richard and his son, and I've done a northshore demo on his
mobile course...it's great. Was he thinking of having several spots on
the one long track for people to enter/exit at? That way you could more
easily isolate sections of higher/lower difficulty.

The only playgrounds I've seen have several single obstacles which can

be
played on individually or linked together. I think more people could

use
this at one time. And I was thinking of both trials and NS in the

design.

So would there be separate obstacles in the area specifically for trials
riding? I think this would really be needed given the big differences
in the two styles of riding and the bikes you ride for each.

I'd really like to find out more about your ideas. I could come over

your place when convenient if that's the best way to see drawings,

photos
etc

I have a scanner here I can use, so how about I draw up some sketches
tonight and email them to you?

Let me know your phone numbers or phone me on 3378 4606 anytime.

Mobile - 0423 516 982
Home - 3300 5471

I'm also going to Victoria in March and hope to take more photos of

MTB
parks there.

How big is the area we have to work in? Is it all flat? Is it that
roughly triangular clear area between the dog park and the jumps? I'll
start jotting down my ideas. For now though, here are a couple from
www.krisholm.com/sections ...

http://www.krisholm.com/sections/index-Images/0.jpg
http://www.krisholm.com/sections/index-Images/15.jpg
http://www.krisholm.com/sections/index-Images/22.jpg
http://www.krisholm.com/sections/index-Images/21.jpg
http://www.krisholm.com/sections/index-Images/31.jpg
http://www.krisholm.com/sections/index-Images/34.jpg

I'll get back to you soon with some scanned sketches.

Thanks for the info and for all the effort you've put in.

Andrew"

--
andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*