Old February 22nd 18, 09:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default my fixie doesn't need improvement

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 12:46:01 AM UTC+1, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 00:38:47 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Of course but they will ride unpleasantly
and you don't benifit from the clipless feature.
I made a joke BTW.

I'm not all that funereal in this thread either.

Replace all your current shoes with shoes with SPD cleats

I have a pair of fleece-lined cycling shoes and a pair of ventilated
cycling shoes. Why would I want more?

en put SPD pedals on all your bikes

All one of them.

The Trek Pure, which has platform pedals, doesn't count as a bike; I
bought it when I needed a pedal-powered wheelchair.

And I'm delighted to say that it's quite dusty right now.

and your problem is solved ;-).

Except for the part where I ride in walking shoes when I'm within city
limits.

And that stretch north of Thirty, west of Spring Creek, where I walk
every hill. (If I ever get strong enough to ride thirty miles in one
day again. I've been riding in sandals all winter. Mostly because I
can't go very far, partly because it's too cold to wear the
fleece-lined shoes.

A cycling shoe that isn't too stiff to walk in isn't worth putting on.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Some people are better of with platform pedals for their kind of riding. I think you one of them. I'm not. I have one bike with platform pedals and every time I use that bike it feels like my feet are never at the right position. All other bikes have clipless pedals. I use Speedplay, Look and SPD pedals. Three kinds of pedals is one of the reasons I have so many shoes. I think I will phase out the Speedplay pedals. For my wide feet it is a pain in the ass to get good shoes for those pedals (choice is limited for the 4 screw mounting). The current Speedplay shoes and pedals are almost worn. YMMV.

Lou