Old January 11th 11, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Newell

Default Electric bikes.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:37:15 +1300, Fred wrote:

I think I might add an electric bike to my collection of trusty and
rusty two wheelers. . They look like a bit of fun with a practical use.
Am looking at the Trek sprint 7 or the Wisper 905. Anyone know much
about these things? Or any other brands?

I've been researching this for about a month now and I've found lots of
info, and lots of conversion kits on ebay, but I haven't bit the bullet
yet. I'll probably end up getting a rear wheel hub motor kit, but my real
question is which one to get. 250-1000W? How effective are the smaller
ones? Reviews are hard to find for the ones on ebay.