Old April 19th 09, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

"Judith Smith" wrote in message

Well, it's not something to boast about really! I never touch wine or
spirits and can get on the road every day at 6-00am, so it doesn't do me
much harm. Come to think of it, I've cut down a lot. In my 20's I'd have
10
pints of beer a day (3 at dinner) and now I might have 5-6 every evening,
so
I've slowed down in my old age.

So BP (if it was them) didn't mind you being drunk at work?

I worked for Croda then. It was the 1970's and everyone went out for drinks
at dinner, it was considered normal. Nowadays, we have random blood checks
for drugs and alcohol at work. I never drink during the day now anyway, even
on my days off.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/