Old September 26th 17, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Alfine 11 hub skipping under hard pedaling

On 9/26/2017 10:15 AM, AMuzi wrote:
We grease ends and bearing
assemblies well and fill with 90W gear oil as we do SA and SRAM
gearboxes.

Are you including old classic Sturmey-Archer AW hubs in the above? I
always thought "light" or low viscosity oil was recommended for them.

Lately I've been using a few drops of automatic transmission oil every
few weeks. That's because I bought a quart a few years ago for another
application, and have enough left to will to my great-grandchildren. So
I use it to refill my pinpoint lubricator.

I suspect none of this is critical as long as the insides are moist, but
I thought I'd ask.

--
- Frank Krygowski