Old December 15th 17, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default learn by destroying

Huh. CFRP rims strike me as a solution looking for a problem, creating
new problems along the way. I suspect that I don't have the orginal
problem that is trying to be solved (I am not racing the TdF and large
sums of money aren't involved in the outcome of any of my bike rides).

The exploding rims were kind of cool, though. Holy smokes. That would
change change the outlook of your day. But I wonder, in the real world,
how likely that would be. Even wiht long descents, it's unusual to have
the brakes applied for minutes at a time (unless you don't know what
you're doing).