Old July 26th 03, 02:59 PM
David G. White

Default Thoughts on Cinelli Super Corsa??

I currently own three bikes: a '74 Jack Taylor Reynolds 531 steel, an
early 90's Masi Nuova Strada Reynolds 653 steel and a late 90's
Simonetti Easton aluminum. I do sprint rides and time trials on the
Simonetti, but greatly prefer either steel bike for all other riding,
including climbs. I live in Vermont and do a LOT of climbing. I always
choose steel when I'm riding over mountain gaps... reminds me of a great
ride a couple weeks ago when a buddy and I did a double gap ride over
Middlebury and Brandon gaps... wonderful! I used my '74 Jack Taylor.

David G. White
Burlington, VT

Bill Graham wrote:

Silliness.

I ride a 57cm steel bike that weighs 17 lbs.. I'd say that's light enough.
Climbing actually is quite nice on a steel bike. To me the feel is
characteristic of a spring: you get this compression and expansion effect
which propels one up climbs. It's comfort makes for less fatigue in most as
well to ride longer/farther. I weigh 190 lbs., and I don't recall ever
walking up a hill, but I'm sure there's a first.

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:46:35 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" from
Shaw Residential Internet wrote:

Imagine trying to climb on a steel bike!

Aren't there like really heavy people and that's all they can ride? I think
they
don't try climbing though. They walk up the hills.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace
I feel like I am sharing a ``CORN-DOG'' with NIKITA KHRUSCHEV ...