Old September 13th 17, 03:55 PM posted to
Ralph Barone[_4_]
Default New bike for Jay

AMuzi wrote:
On 9/13/2017 2:49 AM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 04:07:08 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike:
According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

Good! It's about time you became cool.

- Frank Krygowski

The extra down tube makes it 50% safer than your regular bike.

Given that the normal bicycle frame is comprised of 7 tubes wouldn't
adding one more make the formula something like 8/7, or only 14%
stronger :-?

John B.

To a framebuilder, a complete boxed tube set is eleven tubes.

Crap. Now I'm really confused.
2 seat stays
2 chain stays
Seat tube
Bottom bracket (or doesn't this count as a tube?)
Top tube
Down tube
Head tube

And optionally
2 fork blades

So I get either 9 or 12. Which piece is optional?

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home