Old August 4th 19, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Trek/Bontrager Wavecell Technology Helmets

On Sat, 03 Aug 2019 08:54:44 -0700, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

On Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 11:43:56 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/2/2019 11:25 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 18:16:09 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

No. Because you stated that "no helmet equates to zero protection"
which means all helmets have some protection.

O.K. I'll rephrase that. if we assume that a total lack of a helmet
equates to zero protection... :-)

Ah, but it doesn't! For years, we had a quite clever poster here (Guy
Chapman) who noted, by analogy, that his wooly cap had saved his life!

I could make the same claim. The only time I hit my head while riding
was when I was a teen. It was a fairly hard hit, and I'm sure a helmet
would have been crushed or cracked, had they existed and I had been
wearing one. So I guess it was the wooly cap that saved me.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Want to have some fun? Take a couple of melons and put a wooly cap on
one and a helmet on the other and then drop them from a a respectable
height so that the wooly cap hits the pavement first and also the helmet
hits the pavement first. I'm willing to be that t he melon with the
helmet over it will suffer less damage than the melon with the wooly

So you are saying that when I carry a melon from the shop to home, that I
should apply two helmets to the ends incase it comes loose on the way
home?