Old July 1st 18, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Car ban during heat wave

On Saturday, 30 June 2018 19:30:36 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 7:03:27 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Saturday, 30 June 2018 18:53:59 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
Cars typically put out 60 kw of heat. Even on the rare occasions motorists stop at red lights they are still emitting 5 kw on idle.
Do we really need all this unnecessary heat?

Also, many idiots have left children and dogs locked in cars with no windows open.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-herself.html

My first instinct was to condemn you for posting such a tragic story.
On reflection it just highlights how dangerous cars are.
Obviously the driver meant no harm but due to the inherent danger of cars normal human behaviour can result in innocent deaths.
If the child had been in a bicycle seat this would not have happened.

To be fair to the cagers, dogs can get heatstroke outside as well as in locked cars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-weather.html