Old January 18th 07, 07:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Buck

Default My 'Bent Is Starting to Annoy Me

On 01/17/2007 21:56:50 "Prisoner at War" wrote:

wrote:

Gremlins. You've got gremlins on your ****.

Something about bents attracts them. Good luck.

I seriously wonder. Sometimes I wonder if 'bents aren't made as
carefully...even though, with such low sales volume, each one is
practically custom-built!

I swear, I still have the fifteen year-old Diamondback cheapie $200 MTB I
bought, the one where I had two major accidents and a few minor ones
(major ones including flying over my handlebars and a destroyed front
wheel) and the **** rides fine. ****ing $3,500 SMGTe hits a ****ing car
(that's what'd had happened, hidden driveway on an uphill!) and the car is
fine but the big chainring is bent!

Just a little, but enough to impair operations. Continued cycling is what
caused the chain itself to break and a thingamajig spring in the back to
go boing! and hors de combat.

Bents are subject to the same rules as other cycles, they need to be assembled correctly, often the assembly can be more complex plus they
often require more maitainance.

--

Buck

Give a little person a little power and create a big problem.

http://www.catrike.co.uk