Old January 22nd 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Curtis L. Russell

Default My 'Bent Is Starting to Annoy Me

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:33:58 +0000, Peter Clinch
wrote:

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

It is a bit easier to create chain slack on many recumbents and if you
combine that with hard stop-start in your spin, you can do damage.

Maybe... though in this case he admits he crashed into something!

Pete.

Agreed, but I've jammed a chain doing a stutter step in my spin while
avoiding an accident. All you have to do is freeze a moment and then
try to muscle your way out of the situation. Same thing can lead to
bent teeth.

Just a possibility.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)