Old November 24th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Default What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

Try to avoid cotton (like some sweatpants / shirts, most t-shirts) as it
doesn't keep you warm when it gets wet / sweaty. It's a bad idea, to
allow yourself to get sweaty in any fabric in cold weather, as it causes
your body to lose heat even faster.

'My favorite pants for riding in cold weather are my Cannondales'
(http://www.rei.com/product/772329)... they're like wearing a fleece
blanket around my legs. These pants breathe well enough that I don't
get sweaty while riding, but they don't let enough wind in to freeze my
n*ts off.

On top I'll wear a short sleeve jersey 'with arm warmers (also fleece)'
(http://www.rei.com/product/756400) and throw a windbreaker on top. The
key is having a couple thin layers so you can take one off and put it in
your pack if you need to.

If you haven't tried fleeced arm or leg warmers, and you've been cold
while riding, you need to get a pair now. Seriously.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire